To Subscribe to automatic newsfeed from Stirling Swimming Enter your email address:

Wednesday 1 December 2010

WD Group 7 - CANCELLATION NOTICE

Forwarded

All,

Due to the ongoing adverse weather conditions and the poor driving conditions in many areas I have decided to cancel the Championships at Cumbernauld this weekend.

The safety of all personnel is my first priority and there is no sense in putting people at risk for the sake of a swim meet. Everything has to be kept in perspective.

Can you please ensure that this decision/information is communicated to anybody/everybody in your Club that may have been going to the Meet.

As well as swimmers/parents/coaches etc., please remember any Technical Officials who are in your Club but no longer have children swimming.

I appreciate that certain areas of District may not be affected as badly as others, but as I write the snow is falling very heavily in Hamilton and has been all morning and feedback from Swimming Committee members over the last 24hrs from other areas has contributed to my decision.

Knowing my luck, we will have the thaw of the century by Friday, but I feel decision better made now than at last minute.

Regards

John